1st Annual FootGolf Benefit
We're very proud to host the Inaugural Bataineh Palmeri Foot Golf Benefit at Bent Creek Golf Course. All net proceeds will benefit The Tom Coughlin Jay Fund which helps families tackle childhood cancer. Join us at this inaugural event to "Kick-it-Up" and BE THERE for families facing the unthinkable.
About the Tom Coughlin Jay Fund
Families tackling childhood cancer face the unthinkable. The fear of losing a child, the stress of caring for a sick child, and the trauma that fighting cancer inflicts on immediate and extended families. Add mounting medical expenses to this fear and stress; it’s a situation no family wants to experience.
The Jay Fund has made it it's mission to BE THERE for families. From paying household bills to financial planning to simply making a child’s life brighter, the Jay Fund is here for parents so they can BE THERE for their child.
FootGolf is a precision sport, a combination of the popular sports of soccer and golf, being more closely related to golf. The rules largely correspond to the rules of golf and players kick a regulation #5 soccer ball at a golf course facility on shortened holes with 21-inch diameter cups in as few shots as possible.
FootGolf is played on golf courses only. it is necessary to have the golf component to maintain the quality of the course. Bunkers, hazards and golf course particularities help to improve the game.
The ball must be a soccer ball #5. No rubber ball or any other than a regulation #5 soccer ball, similar to FIFA Approved.
FOOTGOLF RULES AND COURSE POLICIES
- Proper Attire must be worn at all times
- Shirt with collar or Team Jersey
- Golf or Soccer Shorts
- Indoor or turf soccer shoes (no cleats!)
- Argyle or Soccer Socks
- Classic Scottish Caps encouraged!
- No sleeveless shirts
- demonstrate courtesy, sportsmanship and honesty at all times.
- Follow the American FootGolf League Rules and Regulations
How to Play the Game of FootGolf
- Your Ball must be easy to identify
- Kick of from the designated tee markers
- Tee off order: the player with the best score in the previous hole goes first
- The player farthest from the hole is the first to kick the ball
- Wait to play until the ball has come completely to rest (even if wind is moving it)
- Play the ball from where it lies. You are not allowed to move the ball or jammed objects. Exception: you may mark the spot and lift the ball when it may obstruct another players kick in any way
- You can mark and lift the ball on the green
- The hole must be completed by kicking the ball into the hole. "Giving" to the opponent is not allowed.
- Count the total kicks it took you from the tee box to the hole and write scores after finishing each hole
- Lowest total score wins the round
About the Course
Bent Creek Golf Course
10440 Tournament Lane
Jacksonville, FL 32222
The Bent Creek FootGolf course takes you through a certified Audubon Coorperative Sanctuary, alongside creeks, towering pines, and swales.
A Par 71, this FootGolf course features reachable par fives, tricky par threes, and undulated greens.
February 10, 2018
Registration Opens 2:30PM
Shotgun Start 3:00PM
Bent Creek Golf Course
$45.00 Single Admission
Net proceeds go to the Tom Coughlin Jay Fund
Must be at least 8 years of age
January 10, 2018
What to Expect
- An afternoon of FootGolf Fun on a challenging FootGolf course.
- FootGolf Primer and Rules instruction at Registration
- MEET & BEAT THE PRO's! Compete against players from the Jacksonville Armada on select holes and see if you can beat the professionals.
- Pro Kicking Tips from Mike Hollis of ProForm Kicking Academy - former Kicker for the Jacksonville Jaguars
- Enjoy the FUN ZONE & FOOT GOLF WARM-UP before teeing off!
- Every participant will receive a Bataineh Palmeri Gift Bag at Registration
- An official soccer ball will be included in your Gift Bag
- Two age groups for fair competitive scoring: Ages 8-12 & 13-open
- Custom Scoring cards for players to submit scores at end of round. Prizes for winners of each age category.
- Food/snacks will be provided to all players at "The Turn". Drinks (other than water) are not provided but will be available for purchase.
- Access to the Bent Creek Clubhouse.
- Access to sponsored booths.